There are many useful resources available to help support your child with their emotional needs to begin with or if you are awaiting a space with Mrs. Spice. Some of these are free resources:
- Zones of Regulation - Learn More about the Zones - THE ZONES OF REGULATION: A SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING PATHWAY TO REGULATION This is a great tool for regulating emotions.
- The Invisible String - The Invisible String by Patrice Karst | WHSmith A great story that can support a child who is struggling with separation anxiety and also for bereavement. This can be sourced from many retailers
- A bag full of worries - The Huge Bag of Worries: Amazon.co.uk: Ironside, Virginia, Rodgers, Frank: 9780340903179: Books. A story about a little girl who has a lot of worries. Reading this story gives the opportunity for a conversation about your child’s worries.
- My Feelings Journal and Worry Book - My Feelings Journal And Worry Book: Mood & Emotion Tracking Journal For Kids & Teens To Help Them Express Emotions, Worries & Reduce Anger, ... Diary For Children To Log Their Feelings : Kidi Press, Sophie: Amazon.co.uk: Books. This is journal can be great for children in KS2 to be able to write down how they are feeling. This can then identify where their struggles may be and writing down can be a real positive and act as a coping mechanism for their feelings.
- Mindfulness for children – There are many apps, videos and information on-mine about mindfulness and the positive impact it can have on our emotional state of mind.
- Yoga for children – Yoga can be very calming for children when they are feeling a range of emotions including anxiety and anger. There are many options available on-line including Cosmic Kids
- Mindfulness colouring – This is a calming activity that it can used for a range of emotions.